About Me

My photo
london, United Kingdom

Monday 12 October 2009

First Date: should the man always pay?


According to Steve Harvey's book, Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man, the man should ALWAYS pay on a first date. If he doesn't, or is hesitant to pay, he isn't a real man. I agree. I don't think the woman should just sit there waiting for him to pay like she expects it; at least say you don't mind paying or act like you're going in your wallet (very important: It's called "Reverse Psychology", or "Strategizing") , and if he doesn't tell you he'll pay, he's not a keeper.
I don't think the first date should be anywhere too fancy, but if I went out with a guy, and he didn't wanna pay, I would pay my way and make a mental note to never go out with him again. He's cheap. If he's not able to pay because of financial difficulties or something of that nature, that's understandable and should be discussed before the date so something can be worked out. I guess I'm old fashioned because I think the girl should always be pursued--the man should be trying to impress HER. Not the other way around. Do you agree/disagree?


GUYS: How do you feel about paying on the first date

No comments: