About Me

My photo
london, United Kingdom

Wednesday 21 October 2009

Mike Tysons Teary Interview with Oprah



If You Missed Mike Tyson's Interview on Oprah, You Need To Watch It. Seriously. Mike Tyson tearfully talks about his vicious life so far and for the first time, the death of his 4-year-old daughter Exodus. He revealed his way of thinking behind many of his controversies, which includes the biting of Holy field’s ear (I think everybody remembers that incident), his 8-month marriage, and his drug addiction. The interview was amazing and I am proud that he is still in the process turning His life around for himself and his family and his future. It seems that Mr. Tyson has acquired an incredible amount of perception over the years, and although he still seems a little off, it's like he's completely changed and different and is still striving to be the best he can if you have a few minutes, watch the interview


I WAS VERY INTERESTED WHEN IT CAME TO THE PART ABOUT HIS DAUGHTER... TRANSCRIPT BELOW



Tyson speaks about the death of his daughter, Exodus
OPRAH: We heard it was a freak accident that she --
M
IKE: Yeah. Yeah.
OPRAH: -- somehow had twisted the cord.
MIKE: That's what I heard, too. I don't know
OPRAH: You don't know. You still don't know.
MIKE: I don't want to know.
OPRAH: You don't want to know?
MIKE: Because if I know, then there might be a blame for it. And if there's somebody to blame for it, there will be a problem.
OPRAH: You don't want to carry that.
MIKE: Yeah.

Tyson on how his daughter's death affected him 
OPRAH: How has her death affected or changed you? I heard you just say she's a little angel. I actually do believe that when you loved somebody and they've loved you that you end up with an angel whose name that you know.

MIKE: I don't know, Oprah, you know. I'd like to believe that, and that sounds great, you know.
OPRAH: Mm-hmm.
MIKE: But my first instinct was a lot of rage, you know, and I was so happy that I had the tools in life, you know, to not go in that direction because I've been that direction. I know where that's gonna lead me. I know I'm not gonna win. I'm tired of losing. I want to win now, you know. My family's -- that's my biggest asset.

No comments: